Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Something old ... something new!


I got a gift from my dad the other day. It was supposed to be my mom's birthday, yet I got a gift too...what a lucky girl!

It is a camera that belonged to my grandfather when he was still around.

Olympus 35 SP.

These were manufactured between 1969 - 1976 - making it over 30 years old!!!

And it still has film inside it!

Photography is and has been my passion since I can remember - and here is this beautiful piece of machinery filled with sentiment. Just like me. And now its mine to explore.

My first step is to have it checked out, just to be certain that nothing is filled with dust... then I'm off to buy the best film I can find - take this baby for a spin!

Can't wait to add the new pics out of this old treasure to my blog... see you in a little while then!

Shani

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, I also have an old camera from my dad, will take pic and send. But no film unfortunately. Those fotos are gonna be amazing. Don't forget me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will do! Can't wait to get it back from the tech guys...

    Will let you know as soon as I have it!

    x

    ReplyDelete